A healthy take on a classic dish
1 pound lean cut beef, thinly sliced
1 package egg noodles, cook according to the package
1 cup button mushrooms, sliced
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 green onions, chopped
1 onion, chopped
1 cup beef stock
4 tablespoon olive oil, divide into two parts
1 tablespoon gluten free flour, diluted with 1/4 cup cold water
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a pan with 2 tablespoon olive oil. Add beef, stir until brown, do not cook all the way through. Set aside.
- In the same pan add the rest of the olive oil. Add onions, cook until translucent or tender. Add garlic, mushrooms, salt and pepper, stir to mix well.
- Add the beef back into the pan, stir to mix well. Add Worcestershire sauce, diluted flour, stir to mix well.
- Add beef stock and cooked egg noodles, stir, lower the heat, cover and simmer for 2-4 minutes.
- Sprinkle green onions on top.